Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches
January. A month of new beginnings, new resolutions and my birthday! A month where I have a brain full of new ideas and an increased need for adventures. And what do adventures need? Sandwiches!
Last year I changed the way I eat, cutting out unnecessary sugar, cooking wholesome meals from scratch and cutting down on that 3pm snack binge. This means that when we go out on an adventure, a shop bought sandwich won’t cut it anymore.
The egg salad sandwich has to be one of the classics, and one that Adam and I love! I decided to give it a bit of a revamp ahead of some adventures we are planning for this year and I’ve got to say it’s already a firm favourite!
Swapping out mayo for avocado has turned out to be a weird but tasty switch. You still get the creaminess of mayo, but avocado is about half the calories. Avocado also contains half the fat and is cholesterol free!
|4 slices||Granary Bread|
|A Pinch||Salt & Pepper, to taste|
|A Handful||Mixed Salad Leaves|
- Gather all your ingredients and in a bowl mash the avocado into a dip like texture.
- Add in the lemon juice, this stops the avocado going brown!
- Slice the boiled eggs and add into the avocado mix. Season to taste.
- Butter each bread slice and place a handful of salad onto two slices.
- On the other two slices pile on your egg and avocado mix.
- Sandwich together, wrap in brown paper (recyclable) and enjoy on the road!