Honey & Mustard Sausage Rolls
Rugby has always divided our house, but food always bring us together. So with Wales facing France tomorrow we have the perfect half-time snack combining the very best of both sides.
Using the best Welsh Honey and a classic French Mustard, you can roll out a batch of these Honey & Mustard Sausage Rolls in no time at all!
|1 Rolls||Puff Pastry|
|1tbsp||Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard|
|1tbsp||Grey Poupon Wholegrain Mustard|
|A pinch||Mustard Seeds|
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and take your pastry out of the fridge and allow to warm up to room temperature.
- Mix the honey and Dijon mustard and put aside.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard and meat in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry, cut it in half length ways and brush with the honey and mustard mix.
- Take the meat and separate into two equal amounts.
- Put the meat in the middle of the pastry sheets.
- Roll the pastry and brush edge with egg to seal.
- Score the top of the sausage rolls and cut the rolls into thumb-sized pieces and place them on parchment paper.
- Brush the top of the sausage rolls with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the mustard seeds.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Warm the teaspoon of honey and brush onto the sausage rolls when they’re warm.