Pumpkin Falafel Flatbreads
On Thursday it was Plant Power Day – a day to remind people how good fruit and veggies are for us – and there’s no better opportunity to use the leftover pumpkin purée from my Pumpkin Loaf Cake that I’ve been saving in my freezer!
|A handful||Salad Leaves|
- Preheat the oven to 200° C / Gas Mark 6.
- In a food processor chop the chickpeas finely. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Grate the garlic finely into the bowl with ground chickpeas.
- Place the pumpkin puree to the bowl with chickpeas, add salt, dry spices and flour and mix very well. Start off with 2 tbsp of flour and add 2 more if needed. The mixture is meant to be very wet.
- Place in the fridge for several hours (or freezer for an hour) to firm up.
- Using your hands, gently form small falafels out of the mixture and coat each falafel with the sesame seeds.
- Brush a bit of olive oil onto a baking tray and place falafels on it, making sure they do not touch.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip onto the other side and bake for another 10 minutes.
- To serve, warm the flatbreads in the oven before layering mayo, salad and the falafels.