Smoked Cheese & Bacon Twists
An early morning blog from me today. I’ve got one more day at work then I’m heading home to prep everything for tomorrow including a batch of these Smoked Cheese and Bacon Twists!
I try to get as much prep done on Christmas Eve so that I don’t have to sacrifice family time on Christmas Day. I do however get to cook dinner, and everything that goes with it, with my Mum. So whilst we’re busy, it’s nice to have something for everyone to nibble on.
These twists are perfect for any time of the day, served with fresh orange juice for breakfast or with a warm Camembert for starters. They’ll definitely keep the family happy whilst I get on with cooking!
|1 pack||Ready Rolled Puff Pastry|
|150g||Smoked Cheese, grated|
|20||Streaky Bacon Rashers|
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C/Gas Mark 4. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and spray with non-stick spray.
- Open the sheet of puff pastry on a cutting board.
- Brush the surface lightly with some of the beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with the smoked cheese.
- Dust a rolling pin lightly with flour and then roll the rolling pin over the cheese to gently press the cheese into the puff pastry.
- Cut the puff pastry into 20 stips along the length and then take a piece of bacon and lay it on one strip.
- Twist the pastry and bacon tightly together and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry and bacon until everything has been used.
- Brush each twist with beaten egg and sprinkle with cayenne pepper and sesame seeds.
- Bake the twist for 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through.
- Once the twists are cooked remove from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Then use a spatula to carefully lift the twists off the baking sheet.