Yoghurt Coated Granola Bars
After all the Easter chocolate I’m ready for something a bit more healthy and get some goodness back in my diet. These granola bars are right at the top of my list at the moment and can be customised really easily; you could even add some protein powder!
|40g||Flax and Chai Seed Mix|
|120g||Crunchy Peanut Butter|
|Pinch of Salt|
|50g||Fat Free Yoghurt|
- Combine all dry ingredients except the cranberries in large mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Heat peanut butter and honey over medium-low heat on the stove until smooth, remove from heat, stir in the vanilla, and pour over dry mixture.
- Stir to combine, and then fold in dried cranberries.
- Firmly press into wax paper lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer, cut into bars, and then freeze for another hour.
For the Yoghurt Coating:
- Whisk together water and gelatine, allow to thicken for 5 minutes.
- Heat the yoghurt and honey, stirring until thinned out.
- Combine yoghurt mixture and gelatine mixture in medium sized mixing bowl.
- Fold in icing sugar, stir to combine.
- Remove granola bars from freezer, dip in yogurt mixture, return to wax paper lined baking sheet upside down, repeat for remaining bars, and allow to dry.
- Once completely dry, flip over, drizzle with remaining mixture, and then allow to completely dry again.